Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montevidean Stuffed Beef Roll....Well kind of..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montevidean Stuffed Beef Roll....Well kind of..

Well I have had this Steve Raichlen recipe book for some time and finally tried what he called Montevidean Stuffed Beef Roll with some personal edits to it. Used flank steak which I rarely use but I butterflied it and pounded it as flat as I could. I rubbed both sides with a generous amount of salt and pepper. On the inside I put the following ingredients.
    1) This layer of Basil pesto
    2) diced garlic cloves
    3) red bell peppers
    4) green bell peppers
    5) Sliced carrots
    6) Provolone cheese
    7) Thin dusting of Parmesan cheese

The recipe also called for sausage in the center but I cut that out. After tying up the beef rolls I wrapped them in foil and cooked them on indirect at about 225 degrees till they hit 120 internal. I unwrapped the foil and jacked my gas grill up to 450 degrees and just rotated them till they had good color on all sides and were close to medium. Hard to get perfect because of the inconsistency of thickness with the meat and roll. Overall it was okay but definitely different. Complaint from my wife was the beef was chewy which I agreed with. As I said I rarely used flank steak and when I did it was for fajitas. So this was my first time using it for something unique.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr. Burns; May 6, 2019, 09:44 AM.

Can I have a bite? Looks fabulous. To do list for sure.

Comment

Very nicely done. You may want to marinate the flank next time, like you would for fajitas.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here