Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southern bbq class april 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southern bbq class april 2019

Smoe pics from yesterday
    Attached Files

Looks like fun, and great food too!

Comment

More pics
      Attached Files

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        Made some burnt ends from the off cuts from a full spare rib rack. Memphis dust, smoked a couple of hours then drenched in honey and peach jam before going back in the pit for 2 hours more. the 2 chefs i had helping me made a marinade for the apple. (Vinegar sugar, jalapeño,apple, fresh ginger root and water. They put it in the vacuum pack machine on a series of cycles as meant to draw in the marinade so the apple goes clear color. We smoked the sweetbreads for about 2 hours at 320-340f .

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        After cutting the sweetbreads into chunks made kebabs with the marinated apple and squirt of home made Sirracha. The tongue we gave it a simple salt/pepper/garlic rub, smoked for about 2 - 21/2 hours at 325f. Sliced hot and served on a soft bread roll with coleslaw.

That looks like a fun day.

Comment

Great Job, Amigo!
        Thanks fer th excellent pics!

Comment

Tell us about those tacos with the slaw and Sriracha sauce. Actually tell us about what it is you’re doing in some of those shots. Looks interesting and instructional.

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            Wasn't tacos but pulled pork on buns cut in half, Some of the staff at the bar were hungry so we made them up those sandwhiches with a splash of Sirracha. I was on the camera, so not in any of the shots here. Also cooked up a piece of pork belly and dressed it with jalapeños, marinated apple for the folks to try.

Making us all hungry. That sure looks like fun as well as a learning experience

Comment

Wonderful! I especially like the shot of the man sitting in his chair in a meat coma, that's one happy fellow. At your suggestion I am grilling up some of those 1 1/2" flanken cut ribs this afternoon.

Comment

• Ahumadora
              Ahumadora commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, he was in a meat coma. He has been to 4 of my bbq classes now.

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that qualifies him for "groupie" status.

Heres some better quality pics of Q yesterday.
            Attached Files

Comment

I attended the Southern Thunder BBQ - Que University (www.SouthernThunderBBQ.com) class this weekend in Marietta, GA. with about 25 others. Great instructors, lots of hand on and good classroom information. I would highly recommend them!

Comment

• Ahumadora
                Ahumadora commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep,, So far North of me I could quite safely call them Yankee's

Good looking pics. I am with the meat coma guy - at first, I thought I had some kind of out of body thing and that was a pic of me, then I noticed his hairline has receded farther back than mine...

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                Dad used to say that his hair wasn't receding, it was just slipping back! Dang, he was one funny man.

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                I like that CaptainMike, hair slipping back.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here