Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi Prime Brisket cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Prime Brisket cook

So I was hired by a friend to cook for his customer appreciation event. He asked to serve about 40-50 (though there will be 2 food trucks there as well). I have 2 17 lb prime briskets for him and one about the same size for me.
    This is the first time I've been hired to cater, Im hoping to get 60-80 thin sliced sliders with a coleslaw garnish without cutting into the third brisket.
    I will update photos tomorrow after the event.
    Wish me luck

Wishin ya nuthin but th Best of Luck on this cook, sounds to me like ya got a good plan!

Sure do love alla th Great Food that has come outta my Horizon 20" Classic !!!

Comment

Okay let’s do a little math. 34 lbs of briskets...let’s say it 20 lbs total after trimming and cooking. If you go with 4 oz per sandwich (which is a lot for a slider) then that yields 4 sandwich’s per pound. 4 x 20 is 80 sandwiches.
      Yep. Looks like you’ll be good.
      If ya slice em about a 1/8 in thick and cut the slice in half then about 7 of em comes out to about 4 oz.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	9403E197-D87A-47C3-A19E-DCE870A65C0B.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	663191 sorta looks like this
      most important thing is to have fun doing it

Comment

Cooking for people is an experience.
        Good luck sir.

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          And how.

Following. I'm going to do a pair of primes this weekend.

Comment

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll do us proud !!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here