Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

short rib potstickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short rib potstickers

I have a dumb question, I'm looking for a good short rib pot sticker recipe but all are braised, could I brown the meat and then grind it so I don't have so much liquid and then use my go to pork and shrimp from steamy kitchen recipe but use the ground short rib well seasoned of course would love to hear from all good bad or indifferent

I've done braised short rib ravioli - a bit different, but if they are chilled before you stuff them, it turns out terrific.

I wouldn't waste the cut by grinding it, but that is just me. all the beautiful marbling and collagen needs to be cooked gently.

Comment

• Papa Bob
      Papa Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      You really should try grinding short rib, chuck and brisket together for a burger it will change you life for burgers. can't eat them often so might as well make them great fresh homemade ciabotta rolls cheese, bacon and a fried egg really good

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Papa Bob I'd certainly be interested in hearin yer mix ratios, when ya grind yer burger meat, if ya don't mind sharin. Jus recently got me a (powered) mixer attachment, vs th ol hand cranker, so gonna be playin round some, in that wise...

• parkerj2
      parkerj2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Papa Bob my grind is 3# chuck, 1# flank, and about 4oz of Benton's Bacon (super smokey, so it works in this small amount.

But, i will try grinding short ribs into it soon!

I do agree but the last time I made them with the braise they put out a lot of moisture when I cooked them tasted good just the dumpling didn't crisp up like a pot sticker should

Comment

Hmmm not sure. I have eaten them in restaurants that are insanely good (braised, that is) so I'm not sure how they nail it.

Comment

I'm sure I'm just an Idiot that doing something wrong with the braise making it to wet when I make the filling

Comment

Maybe try this, it is what I do when my wife and I make braised short rib ravioli:

Let the braise cool and take the meat out of the braising liquid.
          Reduce the braising liquid until thick/coats back of spoon.
          shred the meat and mix back in with the sauce.
          Mix in whatever else you're using, and let cool completely.

Comment

my friend I might give it a try thanks

Comment

Another bump .....

Comment

Try 掏

Comment

Many years ago I talked to a friend about the best meat for grinding for certain things. His answer was chuck, the correct fat content etc, or pork shoulder, for the same reason. Period. He blew off my suggestion that different cuts of meat could make a big difference. He was a big foodie type. Now look! So many places do mix the cuts.

Comment

I understand the willingness of many to try and do something by themselves, but sometimes it is too much, especially when you can easily buy it in your market. If you don't find the suitable ones on the shelves of your supermarket, you can search them online, on food sites such as eatdelights.com; this is what I do to keep my hands and time safe. Sometimes these kinds of bought snacks are way cheaper than those you want to try at home, so I don't see any reasons you would search for a recipe, do it, instead of just buying.
                    Last edited by Olivergaci; February 2, 2022, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here