Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roasted Try-Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the bark on that puppy. Beautifully done. I grill mine 1st then finish indirect. Having Tri-Tip tomorrow night. This gets me motivated.

Comment

Cooked to perfection. But, it looks like you are slicing it with the grain rather than across the grain. if cut it where the meat bends, and then slice both pieces towards the cut you just made, you'll find the pieces are less chewy.

Best regards,
      Jim

Comment

Cooked just right, nice bark and crazy looking marbling. Nice !!!

Comment

Dang, just got hungry again.

Comment

Tri tip perfection. Click image for larger version

Name:	smiling-face-with-heart-eyes.png
Views:	84
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	660229

Kathryn

Comment

Curious, what was the internal temp when you seared vs. the final internal temp after the sear?

Comment

• Cloud_Lnn
                Cloud_Lnn commented
                Editing a comment
                I usually pull off the steak or roast by 52-53C. And after searing it is about 55-57C, if it is a roast like tri-tip or top sirloin cap, can be 58-59C, the internal is still very tender and soft.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here