Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1ST Brisket Continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1ST Brisket Continued

This "Super Trimmed Brisket" HEB 6.31#

Injected 6oz "Beef Broth" kind of fun & broth out of control, two times. After using all 6oz, allot of broth seemed, to drain out onto cookie sheet. At the time wondered is that normal

Diamond Kosher salt 1/2 tsb per labs, & liberal "Big Bad Beef Rub. She rested Friday, Sat.

Early Sunday changed pellet hopper to: 2/3 rds OAK & 1/3 Mesquite!

Allowed 1 hr brisket out of fridge

Set GMG DB to 220F GMG probe & other probe, inserted. Close the lid.

The only smoke observed was smoker trying to reach set point (220F), then zero smoke 3hrs, inhaled at stack zero smoke, open lid zero smoke.

Shut down smoker remove brisket, shop vac, burner chamber, and surrounding areas, quite the chore will still hot. Assemble brisket back on, fire up the grill, mostly zero smoke, followed by a little smoke. That pattern no smoke a little smoke continued.

156F seemed to be stall, GMG probe said 180F, two other probes said 156 ish. Tried 2nd GMG probe not even close.

Next insert several wired thermometer probes in the smoker Controller GMG said 225F, the other probes said 190F. Probes on both sides of chamber.

Increase temp so other probes read 220F

175F removed brisket dbl wrap tight, back on smoker, increase temp to GMG 300F then first increase reduce to 275F. At 195F dropped smoker temp to 150F, then crept to 200F

Removed rest 1hr. Me & Mr Brisket: Dumb luck but very good!

Thanks Guys!

IMO the biggies were: Beef Broth injection, Big Bad Beef Rub, & waiting to higher temp to foil wrap. consider the source newbie

Attached Files

Looks pretty darn good from here.

Comment

Looks good. I'd take a slice or two if I were there.

Comment

Very nice ring, there.

Comment

Excellent smokering!

Comment

Thanks Guys! Brisket & eggs for breakfast

Comment

I’ll have some of that!

Comment

Well done ;-)

Personally, I didn't overly love the Big Bad rub. I'd be curious if you try a new rub next time if you dig it more or less.

Comment

You know, I'm looking at your pic and thinking two things.

1. That's a nice looking brisket.

2. How can I use the cubes from the chuckie I smoked yesterday with eggs tomorrow morning?

I'll figure that question out pretty easily, and I'll be thinking of you...

Comment

Doesn’t the GMG have adjustments so you can get more smoke?

Comment

Only lower temps, seem to provide more smoke, the tube does not suffocate in the DB

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here