Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry aged steak on SMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry aged steak on SMG

The rest of the household has other plans tonight, so I get to combine 2 of my favorites: dry aged steak and the SMG (that's Lodge Sportsman's Grill for the uninitiated.) I use the wok method for indirect heat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	80397025-DD95-449F-94AA-D4A8B8456BDD.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	657296Click image for larger version

Name:	D49F3189-94A5-4BF6-BFAE-8ED6734E1D16.jpeg
Views:	141
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	657294Click image for larger version

Name:	082DFD6D-78E6-40AA-BC7C-3B7521D4C777.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	657295

Seriously man!! So you have a dry aged boneless rib section just laying around the house? Really though your second pic is upside down. How do you hold the SMG while Wok-ing the steak? 😃

daddy is eating good tonight.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Man I was thinking the same thing about a dry aged steak just lying around.
      Last edited by Nate; March 30, 2019, 12:09 AM.

Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
    Seriously man!! So you have a dry aged boneless rib section just laying around the house?
    Uh, yeah. Doesn't everyone?

Originally posted by HouseHomey View Post
    Really though your second pic is upside down. How do you hold the SMG while Wok-ing the steak? 😃
    Stop it. Almost spewed Lagunitas through my nose.

Comment

Now that’s how to grill up a dry aged steak!

Comment

Love that lil Lodge !!!

Comment

• radshop
          radshop commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, it's pretty amazing. Fires up quick and uses so little fuel - for just 1 steak it's the way to go.

Top notch.

Comment

Nice. Bet that steak was fantastic. Those little grills are great.

Comment

Now that is a sight to be savoured.
            Wish we had marbled steak like that these parts.

Comment

• radshop
              radshop commented
              Editing a comment
              Crank up some corn subsidies and force feed it to the cattle! Definitely not as nutritious as grass fed, but can't beat it for marbling.

HouseHomey here's the system. Since I just cut into this slab at 61 days aged, in the next few weeks I'll pick up another one at Costco. For the next 2 months or so I can be eating this one while aging the next one. Basically steak night every week or 2, depending on headcount. Top quality steaks for around $20/serving. It's not something I can afford every night, but I get to be the steak hero for a heckuva a lot cheaper than going to Morton's. Plus the fat trimmings are a great addition to sausage.

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Genius at work here!!

Yeah with the math thing. You are back on a roll with the SMG, now I’ve gotta pull mine out & Fire it up. I’ve got so many things I want to do.🕶

Comment

Yes! You are killing it! Love the SMG!

Comment

and I love they way you're usin' a PK as a stand for the SMG.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here