Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Meatloaf, stuffed w Cream Cheese and Glazed with Cumberland Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Well, any smoked meatloaf is good, if you ask me. Thinking of what to cook later tonight is always better with your favorite libation. Looking forward to what you come up with!

• RonB
    replied
    Looks great Henrik. Ya got me thinkin'... I might give this a try tonight, but, (of course), my take on it.

The meat part will have sauteed peppers, onions, and garlic in it. I will stuff with cheese - type to be determined. I will cover with a tomato sauce with some herbs in it - to be determined. I might add some chopped mushrooms to the meat too.

Still thinkin'....

Leave a comment:

• Smoked Meatloaf, stuffed w Cream Cheese and Glazed with Cumberland Sauce

Alright folks, the weekend is here, let's cook something simple yet tasty. I did a classic meatloaf, but skipped the bacon wrap (not that there's anything wrong with it )

Flavors
    Instead I decided to stuff it with cream cheese. And Cumberland sauce is superb for a glaze. It is a black/red-currant jam/sauce, with some lemon in it. The cream cheese and cumberland complements each other so well!

Cooking time
    1 hour (40-50 minutes smoke, 10 minutes glaze)

Serves: 4-6 people

Gear
    I smoked it on my Big Green Egg. I added a few chunks of cherry wood for good smoke flavor.

Ingredients
    1 kilo (2.2 lbs) ground beef
    1 tsp table salt
    1 jar (230 grams / 8 oz) Cumberland sauce
    1 packet (200 grams / 7 oz) Philadephia cream cheese
    1-2 tbsp bbq rub (I used Oakridge secret weapon pork & chicken)

Instructions
    Mix the salt into the ground beef. Split the ground beef in two halves. Shape one half into a rectangular shape and make an indent about 1/2 inch deep with a 1/2 inch edge all around.

Fill the bottom half with the Philadelphia cheese. Make sure it’s even.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Meatloaf-stuffing.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	657388

Make the other half of the beef into a rectangular shape the same size as the bottom half. Now place it on top and seal it with your hands all around. This is to avoid the cheese leaking out.

Name:	Meatloaf-sealed.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	657386

Now sprinkle your favorite bbq rub all over the loaf.

Name:	Meatloaf-rub.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	657387

Place the loaf in a disposable aluminum pan. There will be some juices leaking out, and with a pan you don’t loose it (or have to clean your grill). If it is a snug fit, trim down the edges/walls of the pan so there’s 1/2 inch left. This is to get a nice crust all the way down.

Smoke
    Run your grill/smoker at 140 deg C / 280 deg F. No need to go low 'n slow. Crust is more important here.
    Smoke for 40 minutes roughly. When meat temp is 55-58 deg C (131-136 deg F), open the lid and both vents. Let that fire get roaring hot.

Glaze (x2)
    In the meantime, brush a liberal layer of Cumberland sauce on the meatloaf. Close the lid and let the sauce caramelize for 5 minutes. Now open the lid and apply a second layer of sauce. Let it caramelize 5 more minutes.

The loaf is done when the internal temp is 65 deg C (150 deg F). Don't let it go higher, or you will risk a dry meatloaf.

Bring it in and let it cool off for 5 minutes on the kitchen counter.

There will be some sauce left, serve it on the table. Looking for sides? Broccoli is great with this meatloaf!

Have a smokin' weekend all!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Meatloaf.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.73 MB ID:	656879
    Last edited by Henrik; March 30, 2019, 12:50 AM. Reason: Added photos

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here