Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Smoke Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My butcher paper wraps weren't as good as I wanted. I now use enough paper to cover all the brisket 2 layers thick and tie it with butchers twine. When ready to go to the faux cambro I wrap the whole thing, paper and all in foil. I want all those juices trapped against the meat. It saves a lot of mess and is working very well for me
    Last edited by Oak Smoke; March 27, 2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the tips and compliments. It makes such perfect sense not to slice more than what’s gonna be consumed and I was like duh lol but never did it cross my mind so double duh lol. It was funny too because the stall on this particular brisket was a bit nerve wrecking because it was longer than the other two I had done. This particular brisket was choice that I bought at Wally World. I can already tell that I am gonna love this site and learn so much! I am definitely gonna take the tips and apply them to my next brisket. Thanks again everyone!!!!

Comment

• tdimond
        tdimond commented
        Editing a comment
        You found choice at Wally World? The ones that show up at my Wally World are select.

I'll snap up a prime from Costco in a hurry, though!

I'm not going to add any value to this topic. But what I would like to suggest is maintain a cooking log of some sort. I use MH's. Here the link to download. It will help when looking back to what did and what did not work.

Want to cook better barbecue? Keep a log of your previous cooks and learn from them. In your log, include the meat, its weight, how you prepped it, what seasonings you used, the cooker and ambient air temperatures, the wood used, and how much. Here's the log that Meathead uses. Download it as a pdf or Excel copy.

Comment

Oh yeah, I do have one tip. Make some of this:

In Texas the traditional barbecue sauce recipe is usually more like a tomato soup, thin and spicy, it penetrates the meat.

This stuff is very very good. Dip the slices in it or spoon it on as you serve.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on the Texas mop sauce. It's a nice insurance policy in case the meat gets dry, and a tasty condiment if it doesn't.

I’d eat that! Twice since you have extra slices. 😃

Comment

Looks amazing! Congrats on the first rings!

Comment

Very nice job! Just get an oil can of St. Pauli Girl, grab that whole chunk and start gnawing cave man style. Oops, I fogot you had guest. Urp!! Looks awesome!

Comment

Way to go. Looks might good

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here