Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions needed

so my buddy gave me these beef ribs, going to make them tomorrow. They look fairly marbled not too thick. Whatcha think salt and pepper on the smoker or anyone have a better idea?

Pix included, sorry
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gmascolo51 View Post
      so my buddy gave me these beef ribs, going to make them tomorrow. They look fairly marbled not too thick. Whatcha think salt and pepper on the smoker or anyone have a better idea?
      S&P and on to the smoker

Comment

Reckon I'm inclined to agree with what Brother Elton's BBQ said, previous.

Comment

Sounds good. Looks good!

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Either your aforementioned damnation rub, or whatever you like on brisket. I usually hit it with a .jaccard meat tenderizer (if you don't have one, a fork does fine), and then use hot sauce as the binder. I can go into more detail if you need, but for the time being, leave her there.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                damnation rub

Might haveta steal that one, with yer permission, of course, Brother!
                Hope all is well, down home, there!
                Totally fascinated by what all ya'll come up with, until Easter, cook-wise!

Those are nicely marbled. Big Bad Beef rub would go good with those too.

Comment

S&P was what I went with. Now for the plot twist there are no bones, what is this? It was frozen so I was defrosting and couldn’t really tell about the bones.

Comment

In my opinion, nothing beats salt N' Pepper on beef ribs. Let the beefy flavor come through!

Comment

Opinions!!!! That is something there is no shortage of around here lol...

seriosuly though... I agree with those above that have said S&P.

Comment

Hahah sometimes you get an idea you haven’t thought of as I am such a creature of habit.

Comment

To address your question, without the bone they may actually cook a bit quicker. S&P like everyone said (heavy on the P for me) and bring them to probe tender, 5-6 hours at about 250. Delicious!!

Comment

So they were boneless, the marbling you see on the edge was all through the meat, it was very tender and very rich tasting with all that marbling. It was roughly a 5 1/2 hour cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here