Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Cuts Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Cuts Countdown

I've been on a quest to hunt down, cook and eat every available part of the cow. I'm just a typical consumer and don't have access to live animals or their butchery, but I do live in an area of the country that prides itself in our bovine consumption, so getting those cuts is fairly easy. Here then is my countdown, let me know yours;

Blade chuck roast
    7 bone chuck roast
    Denver steak
    Chuck eye roast
    Chuck eye steak
    Country ribs
    Chuck shoulder roast
    Flat Iron steak
    Petite tender roast
    Chuck short ribs
    Short rib plates
    Beef back ribs
    Ribeye roast - bone in
    Ribeye roast - boneless
    Cowboy ribeyes
    Boneless ribeyes
    Ribeye cap steak
    Tenderloin steak & filets
    Sirloin steak
    Top sirloin steak
    Coulotte or Pichanha roast
    Tri-tip roast or steak
    Porterhouse steak
    T-bone steak
    Strip steaks
    Top round
    Bottom round
    Beef shanks
    Inside skirt
    Outside skirt
    Brisket full packer

What??? No heart, liver or tongue.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yea, forgot about the inerds. Tried all three you mentioned plus Rocky Mountain Oysters

Im more interested in how many on that list you have left, lol

Comment

I see you stalled around the ribeye section...…….……….good choice.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Or should I've said "prime example"?

Strange.......you are missing Rocky Mountain Oysters.........

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	653685

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        or calf fries

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
      Strange.......you are missing Rocky Mountain Oysters.........

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.4 KB ID:	653685
      I prefer my RMO's this way (and this is for real): https://wynkoop.com/brewery/brew-blo...-oyster-stout/

Note: They are now available in a two-pack (again, for real).

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Wondering where they came on the name Wynkoop. In Afrkaans it means buy wine or directly translated wyn = wine and koop = buy.

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        holehogg - The Wynkoop Brewery is on Wynkoop Street in Denver, Colorado. The street was apparently named for General Edward W. Wynkoop, who came to the Colorado mining settlements after being appointed sheriff of Arapaho County in the mid-1800s, according to the National Parks Service.

Don't know where the General got his name ...

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for feedback. My just be a coincidence or he may have been a wino

Rocky Mountain Oysters. Not going there.....
      no way no how.

Comment

• Donw
        Donw commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m with texastweeter. I first thought ugh! but I then tried them at a SoDak fire department fundraiser and really enjoyed them. Started looking forward to events that featured them.

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with texastweeter and Donw, I like them.

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Still not going there...

You will get bonus points for adding shell steak, Delmonico steak, and pin bone sirloin. when you say Chuck shoulder, do you mean shoulder clod, or chuck roll?

Comment

Quite a list, Troutman. I see you have the skirts, but are missing their cousins - hanger and flat iron. Is that intentional? I am only half way or so through your list, but realllllllllly like the hanger. Its simple, delicious and goes down easily with a nice full Cabernet. Love the big Cowboys too, cheaper than the big name cuts at my local butcher. It took a while to figure out how to do them, but they are now family faves. Thanks for the challenge!

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Good catch, had both. In fact I have some flat irons from Crowd Cow deep in the freezer somewhere, must get those babies out. Hangars like once, hard to find around here.

Our local Grocery Store cuts a Filet of Sirloin which I SV'd and Seared along side a NY Strip. I'd have to say I preferred the Filet of Sirloin.

Comment

Boy, I think I've had every single cut possible but i could be wrong. Even heart & toung. Nope, on second thought haven't had hoof or oxtail, or rocky mountains.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here