Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argentinian BBQ (Cow ribs with Salsa Criolla)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed to find my old post, it was in 2016:

Here we go again. Show us what you're cooking! III (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/the-pit-mastery-program/108549-show-us-what-you-re-cooking-iii) was starting to act a little quirky so we're starting the next round with SUWYC! IV. Past Show Us What You're Cooking Threads: SUWYC I (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for

I did it more bbq style, but would love to try your Argentinian style with salt.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!. Those ribs look fantastic. The ribs and the salsa criolla will be my weekend meal for sure. Let me know how you cooked them. I usually do a slow roast, but yours sound hot and quickly cooked. How far from the coals do you cook the meat? Keep sending Argentinian recipes!!
      The OmegaDog

Comment

• jimmyz
        jimmyz commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi! Its direct fire, about 7 inches or less above the charcoal. If the ribs are thin, the cook time is about 30 minutes, 15 or 20 per side. If the ribs are thick (like "costillar"), I would say 1 hour the bone side and 30 minutes to finish the other side. The seasoning is salt and white pepper powder. Make sure that the moment you put the meat on the grill, the meat is at room temperature.

Nice wright up and pictures. Mouth was watering. Jimmy

Comment

The ribs look great! What's the utensil next to the raw meat on the cutting board? Obviously it's a knife, but I've never seen one like that.

Comment

• jimmyz
          jimmyz commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Chuck! It is indeed a knife. It's long because we cook on direct fire and we dont want to get burned! hahah! If you have to cut something in our large grills, it gets complicated, even more in summer.

Great post. I had the pleasure of working in Brazil a few years ago and got to visit Argentina. What a wonderful place and the food culture is second to none. I envy you having churrasco so readily available.

Comment

I was named after my grandmother. She spelled her name with an ie instead of a y. Welcome!!! We can learn from you as you learn from the pros in the club.

Comment

Great Post Jimena!!.. I appreciate the tutorial on Argentinian BBQ...(Asado) Your food looks awesome. I have never tried that cut. I will be trying soon. I will also be trying your Salsa Criolla. Thanks for the recipe. I am interested in learning more about Argentinian cooking and food. Keep your posts coming.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here