Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To slice or not to slice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To slice or not to slice...

A friend just had a baby and we are taking them a meal on Saturday so I figured what new parents wouldn't like a brisket???

If I was staying to eat I would just take it in the cooler and slice it before eating. But since I won't be staying there to eat and just dropping the food off would you slice it before taking it to them or take it whole and trust them to slice it properly? Poorly sliced brisket can be such a disappointment. I know there will be some degradation in quality if I slice it before taking it but it could be worth it.

What do you think?

Slice it and keep it covered. If you wrapped it in foil, drizzle the jus over the slices before you cover it.

Comment

• SMOG MAN
      SMOG MAN commented
      Editing a comment
      +1, I would keep it assembled and wrapped for the trip.

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree.

How about just slicing a little bit of it? Start at one end slicing a few pieces across the grain and leave the rest whole. They get a few slices to eat immediately while those slices are still fresh, and when they want more they'll follow your lead and keep slicing across the grain.

Comment

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      In another situation, I think this would be the best option. But with a new baby, they will have their hands full, so convenience trumps the slight difference in quality, imho.

• Red Man
      Red Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I think this is a great idea.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here