Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Inject or Not to Inject...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to ask a question about this particular brisket. I see a fairly deep cut across the grain -- see the first photo in Post #13, for example, but it's also in Post 1 before the cook. Can you tell me if that is a butcher's "oops" or was it an intentional thing maybe done when trimming the brisket?

I mean no disrespect to the OP and his choice of this particular brisket. I'm asking because I'm trying to learn what defines a high quality brisket and what I need to look for when I'm in the butcher shop.

Comment

Hi IowaGitl, the brisket came that way. I was not thrilled about it. I ordered it online and it was supposed to be a whole packer but the labeling has it a Point. The Flat was almost nonexistent but it was extremely good. As for quality, I look for really good marbling.

Comment

Looks like it was mostly flat, with a small point. Definitely looks like a packer in the pics. The flat has that huge gouge in it, the cut runs diagonal to the grain making it even worse. Send them that pic and see if they’ll make it right. An expensive brisket like that shouldn’t come that way.

Comment

• MikeTru
          MikeTru commented
          Editing a comment
          I completely agree with you.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here