Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Roast & Chuck Short Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck Roast & Chuck Short Ribs

Are the meat from chuck roast and chuck short ribs the same meat? I had the butcher grind the two to mix for burgers. Not realizing until I got home that the short ribs are chuck also. The short rib does appear to have distinctively more fat.

Good day all!

I'm going to to say yes.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-created-equal

Scroll down to the chuck discussion.

Comment

• Willard
      Willard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I tried to find that before posting but I’m impatient after a few minutes.

man - short ribs sound good.....

Comment

• Willard
      Willard commented
      Editing a comment
      They probably are. Next time I’ll have to leave them intact.

Just to be sure, there are chuck short ribs (closer to the chuck but on the lower end) and there are short ribs at the bottom of the rib cage. Chuck ribs are generally fatty and very close to chuck roast in texture and I suppose flavor. Besides fat, both have a lot of connective tissue and collagen that needs rendering, due to their working muscle status. They are different but they are the same. Don't you just love wishy-washy answers ??

Comment

• Willard
      Willard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I’m very fond of both wishy and washy. Again it was another silly mistake for not paying close enough attention. It was a combo I thought I read somewhere. Recalculating!

So what you’re saying is you took a wrong turn. 🤔

Comment

• Willard
      Willard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup. But then I find adventures I didn’t expect to find. It’s worked out well 😎

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Willard 👍😂 I hear you brother. 👊

Lets us know how it turns out.

Comment

• Willard
      Willard commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here