Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valentine idea ... heart shaped ribeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine idea ... heart shaped ribeye

I never new this was a thing until I saw this ad from a local business. I'm betting this steak is from the famed Edgewood, Iowa, locker.

Maybe a butterflied ribeye in a heart shape might be the perfect Valentine for some of you to give to your honey?

I hope this is a public post so y'all can see it ... https://www.facebook.com/35158699492...30389/?app=fbl

❤❤❤

Comment

My husband's response when he saw the pic just now -- "Just cook me a ribeye."

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol....geniuses must think alike, I was thinking the same thing !!! But Happy Valentine's Day anyway IowaGirl !!!

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        And the same to you, Troutman.

Honestly, I'm with you and DH -- I'd rather have a just-plain-but-really-good ribeye myself. I'm not too much into Valentines, especially the candy and flowers thing.

I have a whole smoked beef heart in the freezer. Not sure of my wifes reaction when I give her that for valentines.

Comment

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        My mom cooked heart occasionally. It's very good; I like it better than tongue.

A whole real heart for Valentines? I suspect that might be overly literal for most people. But as always, YMMV! Maybe dress it up with flowers?

Wish I had someone to share it with.

JK happily single. LOL

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yes, I often do that 3rd wheel deal with my brother and his wife. That is good enough for me. IowaGirl

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker You need a trip to Latin America Lots of talent down this way.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        We I am looking, that is where I will be going! Ahumadora

IowaGirl, I am thinking about ordering some brats from Edgewood Locker. I was looking at the spicy brat sampler. Do you eat their brats, and what are your favorites? A little off topic, I know...

Comment

klflowers -- Yes, we really enjoy Edgewood brats. My husband and I have been sampling various brats from local butchers in the area for the past couple of years. Edgewood brats, http://www.edgewoodlocker.com/, are at the top of our list along with brats from Wanda Brink of Our Farm Meats, Elkader, Iowa, https://brinkgenetics.com/ourfarmmeats/products.html. Wanda doesn't have as many flavors as Edgewood, but the ones she does have are savory good.

We grilled a mess of Edgewood brats for a dozen friends this past Labor Day. I remember doing pineapple brats, plain brats, whiskey peppercorn, jalapeno cheese, and it seems like we cooked one other cheese brat -- possibly the smoked brat w cheese. We were all trading bites back and forth and everyone seemed to like them all, although obviously the hotter brats appealed to some a little more than the others. The cheese brats are very good if you like cheese brats. They have enough cheese so you can taste it and melty bits ooze out as you bite into the brat, but there's not so much cheese that it dominates the flavor or makes the brat gummy. The whiskey peppercorn brat is one of my favorites. Spicy and flavorful, but not hot.

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, IowaGirl. I'll let you know how we like them.

This is kinda tough to say. August will be 46 years of marriage. Valentines day left us about 15 years ago. What I mean is, gifts, cards ect became irrelevant. We know what we have. And as far as those steaks go, is there missing beef in the heart shape.
        ​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here