Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Aging Brisket - UPDATE

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more thing I need to try. Looks really good for both of you guys. Doesn't seem to be quite as gushy as they showed in the original videos, but still very juicy. Thanks for all the work you two put in.

Comment

Henrik, Awesome video! Loved it. Lol @ "Alright, trimming's done. That only took like forever."

I appreciate both of you sharing this in-depth experiment with pics & videos. Troutman

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol! It did take forever. That leathery surface was tough even with a super sharp knife.

Thanks! Troutman, that gif is awesome.

Some comments on your comments

1. The stall was minimal.
      2. I may do that. I'm thinking cut the brisket in half, so the flat underneath the point is still left. I.e separate it in a left and right half.
      3. Agree
      4. Me too :-)
      5. I've done that. Let's see what the reply will be. The FB has been trouble-free for a long time. It's the FB+Drive+PV that causes me headaches.

Collaboration indeed, and a fun one too! Let's come up with some other stuff! All in the name of science of course

Comment

Henrik Troutman thanks for the effort and sharing the results. Beautiful as usual.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

Great Video! Major props to your co-star Sally...

So where do you get your faux cambro? I liked that one.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          It's really good! I bought it from an online catering store here in Sweden (I have 3). But I'm 100% sure you can get one in the US too. A quick search and I found this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MD2IDJ1...mazingribs1-20

But look around and compare prices.

• Dan Deter
          Dan Deter commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

• ddmcwhirter
          ddmcwhirter commented
          Editing a comment
          I found a real Cambro, after the Rodeo, 'twas a sponsor thing, and the dang thing was, they didn't want them back. But really, any old cooler can do!

Has anyone taken this one step further and made dry aged pastrami?

Comment

Originally posted by IFindZeroBadCooks View Post
          Has anyone taken this one step further and made dry aged pastrami?
          Oh wow... now THERE'S an idea...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here