Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filet Mignon today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by fracmeister View Post
    I normally do a lot more sear... My normal approach is to take the steaks off 10-15 F below the target temp, coat with oil and then pepper while I push the panel deal in and crank the grill to the max temp below Grill Grates. Trouble was I had to start searing before the grill got up to temp---that is to say almost immediately at temps about 350... If I wait (no time today) I get uniform deep brown sear.
    Sounds like the perfect approach Fracmeister. A good filet is a rare treat for my mouth. Soooo goood, even if it's from a porterhouse I'm happy.

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    replied
    Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
    Those look really good. I personally like more sear though. What was your sear method?
    I normally do a lot more sear... My normal approach is to take the steaks off 10-15 F below the target temp, coat with oil and then pepper while I push the panel deal in and crank the grill to the max temp below Grill Grates. Trouble was I had to start searing before the grill got up to temp---that is to say almost immediately at temps about 350... If I wait (no time today) I get uniform deep brown sear.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Those look really good. I personally like more sear though. What was your sear method?

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Wow, nice pics and nice meat. My wife would just eat the bacon, she is well done all the way. Good thing we don't eat steak often.

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    replied
    Here are the pics. http://yanbbqb.blogspot.com/2014/07/...ck-filets.html They were REALLY good. I dry nroned with sea salt for about six hours. They were not dry at all.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Them should be good. I rarely eat FM's. Any meat frozen will lose juices when thawed. If you dry brine with salt for 12-24 hours that would help. You have any Kosher salt??

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    started a topic Filet Mignon today

Filet Mignon today

I am not a giant FM fan but I bought theses with a Groupon....allegedly really good---they came frozen and I thawed them in the fridge in their cryovac. An awful lot of juices came out which disturbs me a bit. Thick enough I plan on a reverse sear on the Yoder finishing over the GrillGrates. Serve with Beurre Maitre d’Hotel --- I will let you know how it turns out! But if there are any great suggestions I will listen!

http://www.chefs.edu

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here