Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bbq beef heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbq beef heart

Beef heart and tongue pastrami style.
    Attached Files

I'd take a lick of that!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Have a heart man.

Nice. I’ve got get me a good licker

Comment

Got me thinkin' about the movie Braveheart.

Comment

Bbq class today
        Attached Files

Comment

Did you remove the membrane on the tongue? It looks like you just scored it in the photo.

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep after I cooked it in the pot for 3 hours I skinned it. Found much easier to skin it using your hands and pull it from back of tongue to front, Also there are some glands you want to remove on the underside and at back of tongue. Should have been left in the cure for a few more days as you can see it is grey in the center.

• Backroadmeats
            Backroadmeats commented
            Editing a comment
            I would eat that for sure.. looks fabulous!!

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            yep, made a bunch of tongue tacos in my day. like taking off a wet sock! Never thought of making pastrami out of them. Well done sir, well done!

Gorgeous setup. I’d love to have that and give classes. You’re a lucky man. Tell me about that sandwich !!!

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            Tell me about that sandwich !!! Some one else ate it while I was giving the class !! They sent me the pic later.
            The beef heart tasted really good and has a lot of potential in the smoker. Was super lean. I will think a bit how I can improve on it and go from there. Y'all should try doing a beef tongue using Meatheads corned beef recipe and combine it with sous vide.

Looks marvelous!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here