Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to smoke London Broil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medusa
    replied
    Regardless of how you cook it, make sure you slice it thin against the grain. This reduces any toughness associated with this ( London Broil ) and other cuts that are tough if cooked beyond med - rare or medium.

I did "some" piece of beef and scored it before applying a 2-stage rub. The 1st level was a paste made of onion, garlic, tomato paste; 2nd level was a dry chili based rub.

Cooked it hot for 3-4 minutes / side. If it didn't hit 125-130 at this point I moved it off to the cool side of the grill until it did.

The key things are:

1. Don't cook beyond medium ( less is better )

2. Slice against grain

HTH,

--Ed

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I agree, you could also have what the flank steak come from. A quicker cook IMO will be best here, take to 125-135 IT. Can't never go wrong with good ol' salt & pepper on beef, Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub is also a fav of mine.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    First of all, Everyone knows what your talking about so it doesn't really matter if you call it London Broil or not.
    That being said, I would go slow at 225 F then sear it. but I would finish it with a Dalmatian rub. I like the beef to really come through. Just the way I like to do it.
    Good Luck JP!!!

• JPGators17
    replied
    Thanks guys. I've learned that refering to it as anything but London Broil, even though I've neveractually broiled one, just creates unwanted confusion.

I'll definitely take your advice. However, since I like to experiment, I'm also going to try a longer cook and see how it turns out.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    I agree with Mark... I have done exactly what he suggests and the results are magnificent!

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    First of all, London Broil is a dish, not a cut of meat. But most markets sell top round as London Broil. It tends to be pretty lean, so it's best served rare to medium rare. Not sure it would be good as pulled beef unless you served it with a lot of sauce. Personally, I'd smoke it at 225f until it hits an internal temperature of 120-125f and then do a quick reverse sear to finish. Rub with Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub.

Leave a comment:

• JPGators17
    started a topic How to smoke London Broil?

How to smoke London Broil?

I've looked through all the posts and didn't see any specifically on LB. They were on sale last week so I loaded up. I usually marinade them and grill them to medium rare, which produces pretty awesome sliced beef, but I'd like to see what the results if a long smoke would be. I'm assuming the results would be similar to other beef roasts, but I was hoping to get some advice, tips and tricks from anyine that has traveled this road before. I am planning to follow the same approach recommended here for brisket as far as rub, temp and time go, unless anyone has other suggestions? Thanks for any input you can offer.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here