Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shopping for the point end of a brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shopping for the point end of a brisket

Can anyone tell me where I can buy just the point end of a brisket? I like the taste of the fatty end versus the lean end. All I can find is the flat end or the whole packer for sale at local grocery stores. I checked Sam's club and Costco and they don't carry it either.

Never seen them sold separately, not sure where they are going since there are so many flats for sale by themselves.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      At a local supermarket, they carry points made into corned beef. That might be where they are going, but who knows for sure.

DEW

I'm guessing a butcher may be the best bet. Or ask at Costco... Ours butchers on site, so they might be willing too.

Comment

The fellows at Costco should cut you anything you want. They do for me anyway.

Comment

Whole foods did it for me, but I can find USDA prime packers at HEB for 4.99 a pound so I dont pay the 7.99 they wanted. But I hear you on just wanting the point!

Comment

You could always buy a full brisket and use the flat for chili or several other dishes. The only drawback is that many times you can get chuck for much cheaper, so unless you can get brisket at a reasonable price this may not be what you want to do.

I've listed a few options below.

I Can Cook That Home About Me Featured In Recipe Index Ingredients Beef Lamb Pasta Pork Poultry Seafood Meals Beverages Appetizer Breakfast Salad Sandwich Soups/Stews Main Dish Sides Dessert Specifics...

Restaurants + Travel Bravo’s Best New Restaurant The Foodist City Guides Best New Restaurants Food Lover’s Hotels Entertaining + Style Pop Culture Trends + News Menus Holidays Gift Guides Playlists Dr...

Skip to main content Advertisement Advertisement •Home •Sign up •Log in •Subscribe  Recipes  Techniques  Travels  Kitchen  Wine & Drink •About •Sweepstakes & Promotions •Photos •Videos •Market •T...

add to recipe box share print Texas Beef Brisket Chili Bon Appétit | October 2008 by Bruce Aidells Recipe Reviews (152) Texas Beef Brisket Chili 4 fork user rating 86%would make it again 3,364saved to...

Nov 19, 2010 Cholent (Beef Stew) We Also Recommend Brodo (Beef Broth with Tortellini and Parmesan)  The recipe for this slow-cooked dish of beans, brisket, and vegetables was inspired by one that And...

Comment

I wish I could help you, but all I ever see in my area is the same thing you're seeing: flats and whole packers. John was wondering the same thing I did, namely what happened to all the points that used to be attached to those flats everyone sells? I asked a butcher one time, and he told me all those missing points are being turned into corned beef.

Comment

I have bought point sections from Albertsons, Kroger and Whole Foods. Whole Foods folks actually cut it for you if you ask.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here