Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Blends Into 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I know right? I'm also a huge gyro fan. I'd love to have a vertical spit, there are some reasonable ones out there with infrared sear burners I've been looking at. Also looking at some YouTube videos on different meat stack recipes. All good stuff !!!

• Old Glory
    replied
    Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Great post and pictures.

Leave a comment:

• painter
    replied
    Sweet! Life is good and so is the eating.

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the reply Troutman !

I have always loved going to a few Middle East markets in town and getting schawarma off the spits! Just great flavor and tenderness to the meat.

• Spinaker
    replied
    Wow!!! This is spectacular! This is a great write up and thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to what 2019 brings as well, I hope the rotisserie thing really takes off in The Pitmaster Club, it would be cool to be able to expand into a new area.

Happy New Year, sir!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Great write-up Steve! I can't echo your sentiments enough. In public safety it is common to develop whole groups of people that are as close as family and this bunch of merry pranksters here on AR are no different.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Very good looking pork loin!

Leave a comment:

• DoubleUpOrQuit
    replied
    Amazing Troutman. What a way to celebrate the New Year. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Nicely done Troutman! Made me hungry again.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Good question. Here's what I've found on mine. I turn the two outside burners on the desired cooking temp (monitored by a grate prob) and roast the meat indirect until I get close to the final IT. I then apply a glaze or a final mop and crank up the infrared burner to give the meat a good sear and set the glaze. You can also do the whole cook with it but for things like chicken it tends to burn the skin before the inside is done, so the combo indirect/infrared burners works best.

• barelfly
    replied
    Outstanding stuff!

Question on the rotisserie cook. I think I spied a rotisserie burner on your grill. Do you run with that or run outside burners? i ask because I have a rotisserie burner on my grill, have thought of getting the spit and motor, but just curious as to how you went about for this beautimus pork loin!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Great ending and beginning...

Leave a comment:

• FishTalesNC
    replied
    That's an epic new year celebration right there, nicely done!

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    I'll bet that didn't suck.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here