Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6lb Pot Roast in Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6lb Pot Roast in Oven

I’m cooking a 6lb chuck roast in the oven tomorrow at 275 degrees. Does anyone have an idea on how long it should take to get to 200 degrees internal temp? I’m cooking it in a cast iron pot in liquid with the lid half on.

Not I, but I could ballpark if it were in a smoker and not in a pan.

Comment

Try this one - you won't regret it: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...eer-woman.html

Or this one (you can skip the exotic stuff like marmite, but the anchovies really do a good thing):
      If you like a scientific approach to cooking, this new cookbook is a must-have:  The Food Lab, by J. Kenji López-Alt. I am quite fond of his blog Serious Eats, so of course I had the book pre-order…

You're pot-roasting rather than going for pulled beef, so the envelope is different.

Comment

• DanMancuso
        DanMancuso commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m using the Food Lab recipe... and I am using the Marmite. That stuff isn’t easy to find. I’m gonna budget 6 hours for the cook.
        Last edited by DanMancuso; December 31, 2018, 04:33 PM.

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        DanMancuso Sounds great. Let us know how it turns out!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here