Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef dino ribs today - suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think about cutting them into pairs, that probably would make them cook quicker. Well, we'll see how they go. I had them at 275, have lowered it to 265, I'll just play it by ear and see.

I could always cut 'em into pairs even now...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve B View Post
      Do plate "Dino Ribs" cook longer on the east coast?🤔. I have never had plate ribs take any less than 8hrs. I have gone anywhere from 225*-275*. Maybe the laws of physics are different over here. 😁. As I also see that EdF is the only other one who needs more time for this cook being in NJ.
      Not that I’ve tried it before but I friend of mine on IG cooks his dino ribs meat side down. Says it gives it much better bark. Something I will try. And do a side by side test. One up and one down.

Anyway good luck with your cook and show us some pics. 👍👍👍

I just probed them with my Thermopop and they are very tender, temps around 180ºF already, at 3 hours! They will be completely done in an hour or an hour and a half at this rate! I've been running 265ºF, so I'm going to drop them to around 230ºF now, so I can stretch them out a little bit.

Comment

How do these look????

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181230_153038-X2.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	615866

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking pull back....wait on that dark colored bark !!! Bring 'em up over 200*, keep probing....

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. What Troutman said. Their looking good. But they need to bark over.
          You can take plates to 200-210*. And if they sit in a cambro longer they only get better. I usually put them to bed for 2-3hrs.
          You’re gonna be golden. 👍👍👊👊

You're well on your way! Looking good!

Comment

Yep, just keep going!

Comment

Originally posted by tRidiot View Post

I just probed them with my Thermopop and they are very tender, temps around 180ºF already, at 3 hours! They will be completely done in an hour or an hour and a half at this rate! I've been running 265ºF, so I'm going to drop them to around 230ºF now, so I can stretch them out a little bit.
            Turning the temp down that much is gonna create a stall. It’s probably too late, but I wouldn’t do it. Two or three hours in the cambro if needed won’t hurt anything.

Comment

Yup, you're right, I've turned it back up. No worries. We'll be fine, they're gonna be great!

Comment

So yeah... turns out these were just in a stall, but fairly high. Coupla spots now in the 204 range, some in the 170ish range. Weird.

So I've moved 'em down to the lower rack for the last few minutes, should be having dinner in about 20. I'll take some pics. Or try to, anyways. lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here