Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib Roast on PBC or Kettle with SnS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib Roast on PBC or Kettle with SnS?

I'm smoking a 7lb rib roast for New Year's Eve and was debating which cooker to use. PBC or Weber kettle / SnS?

I have both and chose to use the PBC...came out awesome...

Comment

Personally, I'd go with the SnS, but that's mostly a function of trusting myself to nail it with that combo. I'd say go with whichever you're most comfortable with. Or get out of your comfort zone and do it on the one you're least comfortable on, just pay attention because you'll probably learn something.

Comment

Ok, follow up question, do you get the same wall to wall medium rare in the PBC as you get with the SnS?

Comment

I cooked our Christmas prime rib on the PBC this year and the flavor was outstanding. PBC

Comment

I have both and used the kettle with SnS at Christmas. I believe indirect cook with the reveres sear is perfect for this cut of meat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here