Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Where's The Beef!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    What else would they know me by???
    Troutman

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Wait your butcher knows you as Mr. Bones ... WHAT? That's hilarious !!!

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    I'll have to get a pic posted. We have a total of 3 freezers one in the house that is a bottom freezer to the fridge, one full size freezer out in garage and one side by side fridge freezer in garage. I need to do a solid inventory in all 3 and maybe consolidate and organize.

I freeze stuff all the time. It's how you thaw things out that's more important. Thaw slowly in the fridge don't just throw a steak on the counter top in room temp to thaw.

Leave a comment:

• Santamarina
    replied
    Alright, you guys convinced me...I’m gonna try freezing some steaks, then do a head-to-head test with some fresh steaks. It would be mighty nice to be able to take advantage of meat sales and stock up!

gonna need a vacuum sealer (I’ve actually wanted one for years). Amazon shows me models from ~$50 up to several hundred dollars. Anything I should look for specifically? Any reason I should skip an inexpensive model?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Jus a lil of this an that: 216 lbs. of Black Angus, some store boughten briskies lower left (18+19+ pounders), sausage, etc., an some other stuff that Officially don't exist until after midnight, tonight, if I'm unnerstandin Th SS Program correctly..??

Fortunately, I hit HV Friday, an bolstered up my cupboard from Mother Hubbard status...it was gittin kinda 'skinny', there, fer a minute or two... Whew!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181216_152049.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.41 MB ID:	608596 Fortunately, I still got a lil bit of freezer space left
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20181216_152056.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.43 MB ID:	608597Click image for larger version  Name:	20181216_152106.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.52 MB ID:	608598
    Leastways, I shouldn't starve to death, this week...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181216_152126 - Copy.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	608600
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 16, 2018, 10:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Might be true but what is the proportion of closet space? :-)
    Schnorrrrt!!!!!

This is me, walkin away, not sayin a dang dang thing...

• Fire Art
    commented on 's reply
    marshall I pull it out of the freezer it thaws put my salt free rubs on and cook

• marshall
    commented on 's reply
    what does dry brining before freezing do?

• holehogg
    replied
    Need to BEEF UP my game. There is nada in mine at the mo.

Leave a comment:

• mnavarre
    replied
    I don't have the freezer stash that some of y'all do, but my wife did pick up a nice rib roast the other day:

Name:	IMG_4067.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	608162

Pretty good marbling for Choice:

Name:	IMG_4068.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	608161

Turned into 5 nice two-finger steaks and some ribs that are getting cooked tomorrow. Everything dry brined and ready to be dealt with:

Name:	IMG_4071.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	608163

Bonus? She missed a coupon for the same roast at $4.47/lb. So I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow for more. And a pork butt

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    Might be true but what is the proportion of closet space? :-)

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Tons of success. My ribeyes come from prime rib roasts most of the time. I cut it down into steaks. From Costco that is 1/2 price per lb for Prime ribeyes.

• Fire Art
    commented on 's reply
    It happens like that

• tbob4
    replied

Name:	Freezer.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	607885
    I have a bit more in the bottom. The wife was mad I was taking a photo of the freezer. I was supposed to only have that tub but it kind of flowed into her sections.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    I find I save on electricity and freezer space if I keep my beef parked in the backyard. Click image for larger version

Name:	82726CD4-64C7-49F9-8003-90717132F338.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	607851

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}