Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's The Beef!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    replied
    Add me to the list. Dry brine and vacuum seal, then make sure you mark the pkg accordingly.

And it'g great for leftovers too. With only two of us at home, it's difficult to eat a whole butt without freezing leftovers. Just portion and vacuum seal. Then reheat sealed in a hot water bath, or sous vide.

Leave a comment:

• Fire Art
    commented on 's reply
    Always vacuum pack and dry brine before freezen

• Kevin Fuess
    replied
    I'm with Fire Art on that. Doubt I could tell the difference. I do vacuum pack all of my meats and freeze them. Sometimes I will dry brine for a day before freezing. ( I mark the package to avoid double salt jeopardy)

Leave a comment:

• Fire Art
    replied
    Santamarina Every buddy has there belief but I would be hard pressed to tell you if something cooked had been frozen or not. But I do like buying three or 4 packages of on sale meat one for now and some for later 🤓
    Last edited by Fire Art; December 15, 2018, 05:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Santamarina
    replied
    What kind is success do y’all have with freezing meat? I’ve always been a "fresh is best" guy, and unless I’m using it for a stew or chili I don’t freeze meat.

It would take some serious success stories for me to toss a perfectly good ribeye in the freezer intending to grill it sometime in the future. Anyone have such a success story???

Leave a comment:

• JoeSousa
    replied
    Nice stash. Are those the Double R prime ribeyes I see? Got 4 of those ready to hit the grill tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• lonnie mac
    started a topic Where's The Beef!

Where's The Beef!

My dinky garage freezer is getting full. Here's a thread where you can show your beef. Post up your beef stash!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0337.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	607616

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here