Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leftover Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftover Brisket

Any suggestions for leftover brisket flat? I also have leftover jus from the crutch wrap.

French dips, Italian melts soaked with broth mixed with jus, chili, nachos.

Comment

Dew,

A few links you may be interested in:

Restaurants + Travel Bravo’s Best New Restaurant The Foodist City Guides Best New Restaurants Food Lover’s Hotels Entertaining + Style Pop Culture Trends + News Menus Holidays Gift Guides Playlists Dr...

Recipe By : Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00 Categories : Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method -------- ------------ -------------------------------- ***Directions*** Step1: Heat an ...

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Two very tasty-sounding recipes, Dr R. Thanks!

Kathryn

Makes great chili. Just do your usual chili recipe and add the meat at the end to warm through just before serving. Amazing taste.

Kathryn

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like this idea, Kathryn. I will have to give it a try.

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kathryn, I took your advice and made chili with the leftover brisket. It was SOOOOO delicious. Thanks, again, for that suggestion.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, you're welcome, Dew. Glad it worked for you. Those chili spices marry so well with smoked beef. I can't imagine making chili the old way again.

Kathryn

I like it in baked bbq beans...

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not really a fan of baked beans, but thanks for the idea.

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        Dew, I'm not a fan of baked beans, but fix a batch of spicy smoked beans that have sat under a pork butt in the smoker & I'm all in!!!!

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you, Doc. The only time I ever had naked beans that I could eat without gagging was at Mighty Quinn BBQ in NYC. They have these "Burnt Ends Baked Beans" that are awesome, though they might have more meat than beans in them.

Chopped or shredded with eggs, cheese in a warm tortilla. Just a little sauce. Iron skillet potatoes. Helluva breakfast...anytime of day.

Comment

Well, here's what I did so far, for lunch - Smoked Brisket on a Roll with Gravy:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20150208_152232.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	60826

I used a store baked Portuguese roll, which I am on a kick for recently. This was awesome. Like a good deli, except for the added smokey flavor. Serve extra gravy on the side.

In case anybody wants to know, here is a recipe for the gravy, it's here.

Last edited by Dewesq55; February 8, 2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Taco's...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here