Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous vide que pastrami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Yeppers!

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    EdF Mine used to hang behind my desk at California Computer Engineering: "CEO - WILL WORK FOR EXPENSE-ABLE RECEIPTS!"

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    I can just see the guy who owns the exit off of the expressway in Boston at Dock Square, changing his cardboard sign to "Will work for meat"!

• RonB
    replied
    I'd eat that.

Leave a comment:

• JGo37
    replied
    Great looking pastrami. I need a detailer around here that will work for meat.

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Spin. The pickle looks a little suspect though. "We are here in peace from another world. We mean no harm to you earthlings".

• Spinaker
    replied
    Looks fantastic. I love this recipe.

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    started a topic Sous vide que pastrami

Sous vide que pastrami

Used this exact recipe and techniques for some pastrami. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...astrami-recipe
    Someone I know is the head detailer at a local car lot and said he'd love to have some pastrami. I negotiated with him one pastrami for a full detail on my GMC Sierra and a full detail on my wife's Jeep Wrangler. This dude can stripe the carpet on the interior like grass on a golf course. I feel like I got a pretty good deal! I did 2 so I could have one as well but gave him the one that looked like it was all point, he deserved it. The pics below are of mine which looks to be all flat so it was lean but very tender and moist. I do wish the bark was a little darker.
    Soaked both store bought corned beefs in water in the fridge for about 10 hours, changing the water once. Took them out, washed off and sous vide at 150 degrees for 36 hours. Flash chilled in ice water for an hour then to the fridge for 2 days. Pulled them out, scraped the outer fat off with gloved hands and applied the rub quite liberally. Smoked them using KBB and cherry wood until IT hit 130. Pulled them, wrapped in pink butcher paper and let rest in the oven for a couple hours. He made sandwiches for him and his wife and put the good word out on FB, hahaha. Flavor was spot on and was definitely the best pastrami I have ever had, just wished the color was more like what I get on a brisket cook.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1212181739.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.90 MB ID:	606931
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1212182212 (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.26 MB ID:	606932
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1212182232a (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	606933

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here