Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Chuck roast then pressure cooked for pot roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Chuck roast then pressure cooked for pot roast

Decided to change things up this time. Took a 3lb chuck roast and hit it up with salt, 16 mesh black pepper and Henrik beef rub. Put it on the Weber 26 with SnS at 225-250 degrees using lump and "whispering oak" and sugar maple for smoking woods, 2 chunks each. Filled the water reservoir and let it go for about 3.5 hours. Prepped the veggies which were golden potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and onions. Pulled the chuck and pretty much followed the rest of this recipe to a "T" except I did not sear it as it already had a nice crust https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/...ker-pot-roast/
    I did not use dry herbs, used fresh and did not thicken the gravy. I like mine thinner to dip crusty bread in. Was definitely a fun cook on a day off work from the 14-15" of snow we got here.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1209181339.jpg
Views:	2784
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	606036

Name:	1210181537a.jpg
Views:	2691
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	606037

Name:	1210181932a.jpg
Views:	2686
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	606038

Name:	1210181957a.jpg
Views:	2731
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	606039

Name:	1210182222.jpg
Views:	2698
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	606040

pre-smoking things is such a great idea for this device

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I had not attempted it before but man does it add some really deep flavors!

That looks stuuuupid good!

Comment

Similar to smoking before sous vide but I agree, pre-smoking a stew meat is even better than pre-searing. Great way to to make a pot roast !!!

Comment

Outstanding. It is nice to have more than one tool in your toolbox to do a project, and when they all work together successfully you hit a homerun.

Comment

Doggone, I will have to try this.

Comment

Beautiful Roast, an inspirin idea, Brother! Thanks fer takin us along!

Comment

First, good looking cook. I too love smoking meat then looking for something to do with it, like stew, soup, & PanAsian dishes.

I got brave last week and did this for chili, and didn't use any dry herbs either. Everything was fresh and roasted, or ground. I'm definitely doing that more often.

Comment

I see Diego visited you too, I think I just found my kettles! Nice cook, looks crazy yummy!

Comment

Did just this last week. Hour or two of smoke, into the IP with mushrooms and shallots, chicken stock, red wine, garlic, thyme. An hour later, spoonable and delicious.

Same trick works great for chili.

Comment

Smart move doing the smoke first! I can only dream of how good that must've tasted!

Comment

Another one for the to do list. Beautiful. But that snow - I am from MI, and I had some shoveling flashbacks...

Comment

• Hulagn1971
                        Hulagn1971 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hahaha my wife is from Waterford. She moved down here to marry me and hates all this snow.

Looks good. Thinking of doing a similar thing for my next batch of Texas chili.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here