Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakgrovebacon
    replied
    Brisket is trimmed, cut it half and the flat end is swimming in cure mixture to become pastrami. The point end is dry brining for a more traditional smoked brisket. I will work on it more tomorrow and decide if the smoke - sousvide -smoke scenario will be tried for the first time here. The pastrami will definitely be sousvide the smoked. Pastrami end is 4#15oz. Point end about 7# after trimming. Pics to follow as cooks proceed.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    So Oakgrovebacon you're saying I should go back tomorrow and get two for the freezer after I put this first in the smoke. I think I will - it's a nice piece for choice.

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    I see what you did there, btw. Prime answer.

• RonB
    replied
    Congrats. It looks like you made the right choice.

Leave a comment:

• Oakgrovebacon
    commented on 's reply
    That is a $2 per lb savings over recent prices that I have seen. Great score!

• JGo37
    replied
    Good Score!

Aldi's has Black Angus Chuckies for 2.99 today. I've got a big one dry brining now.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Great score!

Leave a comment:

• Oakgrovebacon
    started a topic Brisket score!

Brisket score!

I finally caught a real deal on a nice looking choice brisket. They have been $3.46 per lb. Today while shopping with my wife at Wal-Mart for her annual 1 purchase at 25% off reward for working the Thanksgiving holiday, I found that the price is now $2.96 lb. That nets out to $2.22 lb. unfortunately only one was available.
    Nets out to $33.68 for 15.17 lb choice.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	82CD1141-614C-47C9-AE21-41E1760F1269.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	600054
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here