Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket on PBC Question about times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket on PBC Question about times

So I currently have a 15 pound full packer in the fridge dry brining. This is my first Brisket on my PBC. I am coming from a Snoke Vault where my Brisket always takes 18-20 hours. Plus or minus a bit. I've heard and read that the PBC cooks them faster. Just want an idea for timing my meal. I can crutch it if need be but normally I leave and let it push thru. Any info is helpful.

Use a probe. It will take less time, but they're each done when they're done.

Comment

The last brisket I did on the pbc was 13 hours. 9 hours to 185 degrees. I crutched and I continued cooking until 195 degrees 2 more hours and then I placed them in the faux cambro for 2 hours. It was prime 12 lbs trimed.
      Last edited by jecucolo; November 30, 2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	61D731C3-3331-47D3-BFEC-9687DC601337.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	600262Click image for larger version

Name:	8A1D7751-4093-4815-A166-BB0F522E8B68.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	600263 The last one I did, Prime 14.5 pre trim, for Thanksgiving. 6.5 hours hung in barrel, 2 more hours to get to probe tender (200*) in foil pan in oven (250*) . I then drop oven temp to 170 to hold. Double hook, this one would of pulled off if I didn't. I used oak chunks for smoke.
        I always seal in foil pan with a little liquid after the stall, approx. 175* internal. Also check that the meat length won't put it in the coals. You can use another hook to keep it out.
        Last edited by HawkerXP; December 1, 2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info. It worked out perfectly. My best brisket yet.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here