Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite meat treat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A favorite of mine lately is pork ribeye steak. Huskee I think these would change your mind. My mother bought me a pack for my birthday and they were amazing. I took 4 steaks with me to our last visit with them so they could try firsthand with me. Cooked them sous vide at 140 for a couple hours then dried them and finished them on my Smokey Joe over hot coals for about a minute per side. Whipped up a batch of maple bourbon glaze to dress them. Everyone at the table loved them. Here is a link if anyone here is interested in trying some. You won't be let down. The marbling is perfect.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      To clarify, I LOVE chops & pork steaks. I just meant ribs & pulled pork is getting old to me lately.

Brisket point, hands down.

Comment

I am a big tri-tip fan. Been eating more and more of it lately. Beef ribs are wonderful.

But if I only had to pick one cut of meat to eat for the rest of my life I would be hard pressed to not say a nice ribeye steak.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Every time I eat a steak I cook perfectly I think "oh yeah, this is the best thing ever"...then when I get to indulge in a fatty smokey salty brisket, I think "Oh yeah, this is the best thing ever".. Lol.

• JoeSousa
        JoeSousa commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure my mind will change depending on what's next off the grill. I have a picanha thawing in the fridge for dinner on Thursday so that could go to the top of the list.

A big fat Delmonico steak, 2” medium rare, no veggies, no potatoes, no fork, no knife, no plate just meat

Comment

• Fire Art
        Fire Art commented
        Editing a comment
        That should do it

Brisket point, but a chuck roast is a close second, either pulled or sliced.

Comment

Wibs, either spares or beef short. It’s a tie. Then there is pizza!

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          It only qualifies if the pizza has meat on it - like soprasetta and prosciutto and pepperoni, sausage, meatball, ...

As highlited in the posts my favourite is not always my favourite so at the moment I'm on a brisket binge even though the meat quality has mot been that good. Will be doing belly next so that might go tops. Beef short rib has a special place always.

Comment

beef ribs, brisket, or ribeye steak. no questions

Comment

Have you thought of this... when I am bring up the smoker or BBQ up to temp it takes a while... I put 4-5 wood skewers with 4 medium to large prawns or shrimp with a touch of low sodium old bay, its kicking pull the shrimp off dump the beef on... life is good the appetizers are KING!

Comment

• Fire Art
              Fire Art commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be a super treat🤓

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here