Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite meat treat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite meat treat

I use to think a rib eye was my favor treat steak I’m think now it short Wibs and Tri tip

Ribeye is pretty fatty. Tri-tip is tasty. So is Strip Steak. To come full circle and get back to the fatty side pork belly burnt ends might be my favorite "meat treat".

Comment

pork wibs all day

Comment

• dahcopilot
        dahcopilot commented
        Editing a comment
        +1

I love beef over all else on the smoker so lately it's been brisket but tri tip is in the same category as are beef ribs. Cap of rib eye is pretty special. Yeah, beef!

Comment

Ribeye and flat iron steaks followed close by pork ribs

Comment

Cap of ribeye is about as good as it gets

Comment

• Fire Art
            Fire Art commented
            Editing a comment
            Your avitar speaks volumes🤓

• xaugievike
            xaugievike commented
            Editing a comment
            oooo - dang. forgot about that. it is special.

I’m thinking anything with 4 feet. 🐄🐖🐑🦌🐂

Comment

Plate Ribs!

Comment

+1 for short ribs

Comment

For me it's a toss up between brisket point and beef ribs (shorts, backs, don't care all great).

I've been really losing my interest in pork lately- ribs, pulled pork, meh. Doesn't excite me like they used to....not sure why. Must just be currently all pork ribbed out.

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  EdF I love pork, like chops & such, just getting tired of ribs & pulled pork. Not the world's biggest fan of char siu- 5 spice powder, allspice, that whole thing doesn't do it for me...but I DO need to try more pork, belly burnt ends for instance!

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huskee - Well, there you go! Me, I like that crispy pork belly. But Vive la Difference!

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  EdF So many options, so little time. I have 7 lbs belly in the fridge curing now for bacon...didnt think of burnt ends until just today with this chat. "Next time"... Lol.

Tri Tip hands down! BUT ask me in a few weeks and I might change my mind --- again!

Comment

The rib cap on the perimeter of the ribeye is my favorite, with bacon a close second. One of these days I need to try a bacon wrapped rib cap, but I might never be able to go back after that!

Comment

Salmon, crab, lobster, brisket, hot link, bacon, tri tip.

Comment

As a treat I would have to say pork belly burnt ends. As a meal I'm still stuck on ribeye cap steaks.

Comment

Man, I really need to get a tri-tip to cook. Everyone mentions it and I have never actually had it.

I would definitely say that I am more of a beef guy. My favorites right now would be brisket and ribeye.

Comment

• Rod
                          Rod commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I personally prefer tri-tip over brisket. Plus it's a lot easier to cook. You basically treat it like a big steak and reverse sear it.

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I love your avatar, what a great shot!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here