Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tale of 2 chucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tale of 2 chucks

i cooked 2 turkey breasts on the weber genisis and 2 chuckies on the gmg yesterday. the turkeys finished up at the same time, however the chuck roasts finished an hour and half apart. at times there was 25 degrees difference between the 2. they were the same size and i swapped them around a couple of times. raised the temp 50 degrees to get the second one done in time for dinner. any explanations?

Different animal, different ratios of fat and collagen to muscle, different moisture content, any number of minuscule and immeasurable things. The same reasons one brisket or pork butt can be done in 10 hours, where another similar one will take 18. The Zen of the Meat: It is done when it is done.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; November 23, 2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Yup, what th good Capn said... CaptainMike

In one of th recent rib cooks I posted on my GOOR, the two slabs of ribs were within .01 oz. of each other, an were regularly rotated...

Yet, one slab took over a half hour longer to git done...

Look at it this way; ya can munch on some ribs/chuck, etc., an have time fer another bevvie or three, while ya finish up yer cook...

Win-Win!

Comment

• dahcopilot
        dahcopilot commented
        Editing a comment
        at least 3!

Exactly what Mr. Bones said of CaptainMike ‘s reply "yup".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here