Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Short ribs for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Short ribs for the first time

For the first time I will be doing beef short ribs tomorrow and I trim and remove most of the fat cap and dry brine them yesterday. Just took them back out of the fridge to applied the BBBR rub on them and back in the fridge so the rub will have plenty of time to do its magic. More pics will be posted during and after the cook. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0389.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	59558
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0388.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	59559
    Last edited by DWCowles; February 3, 2015, 11:59 AM.

Great idea... Are going to sauce them at the end of the cook? If so, what kind of sauce?

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      No sauce Wartface

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I change my mind Wartface. I made the Kansas City BBQ sauce

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      DW... That's my favorite BBQ sauce.

Looking good, DWC.

DEW

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Dew

I can't wait to do a rack of these. Our short ribs here are already cut down, and man are they ever crappy. One day I will order some, MARK MY WORDS!!!

Comment

DW,
      If its possible, can you get some pics of your cooker rolling with those ribs cooking. I'd love to see your stick burner in action. That meat looks mighty tasty my friend. Good luck with the cook man!!!

-John

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do Spinaker

Should be a really good one

Comment

Personally I like to sauce beef ribs about 30 to 45 minutes before they're done using a Kansas City Style BBQ sauce and crank the heat up to 300. After sauce, I put them in a covered pan. It gives them a "burnt ends" taste.

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          I like to use sauce when the meat is done and it's on the plate but I never had smoked short ribs before either so I might have to try your way PB.

Ok Pit Boss, You talk me into it. Here's a batch of Kansas City BBQ sauce Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0392.000.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	59729

Comment

NICE. These are gonna be good!

Comment

Got the Lang warming up with some apple and hickory wood. Won't be to much longer before the meat goes in. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0393.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	59745

Comment

Got the meat on and there a pork rib in there just in case the wife don't like the beef ribs which I'm sure she will. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0394.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	59753

Comment

That's not to bad of a temp as long as I can keep it between 225 and 250 I will be happy Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0395.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	59755

Comment

As the old saying goes "When the smoke is clear" Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0396.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	59757

Comment

• Marauderer
                    Marauderer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like your property DW.

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you Barry. We have a little over 14 acres

That thing is a cooking machine.Can you fit a whole pig on there?

Comment

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think they told me that it will hold a 70 lb pig

Five hours in the cook and everything is looking good Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0398.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	59803

Comment

• Dewesq55
                    Dewesq55 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll say it is. When's dinner?

DEW

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here