Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High School BBQ Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds Fan 5
    replied
    Here in suburban Chicago our son has taken a wood shop class and a culinary class in his first two years of HS. Both have been valuable. High schools have teams for everything these days, why not BBQ? Cool idea.

Leave a comment:

• Finster
    commented on 's reply
    CaptainMike
    Punctuation is the difference between feeling you're nuts, and feeling your nuts..

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking the same thing. 😵‍💫🤷‍♂️

• LukeEarthWalker
    replied
    Is there anyone here from Texas Barbecue at Texas A&M University? I'm also looking for partnerships (our high school will have its first barbecue summer course). We're interested in Barbecue workshops mostly.

Leave a comment:

• LukeEarthWalker
    replied

Just wanted to update the reference to the National High School BBQ Association - it's https://highschoolbbq.club/ now.
    Does anyone (by any chance) have information about the Aaron Franklin's Texas-Style BBQ course?
    Last edited by LukeEarthWalker; April 3, 2020, 12:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    There's no time for all of that junk, we have to get them to score well on a standardized test. Priorities, man!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Their not very good speellers are thay. puncuation and grammer also sucks, too?

• Steve R.
    replied
    Here ya go, Huskee .

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181106_100110.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	588918

Leave a comment:

• Thom Emery
    replied
    http://highschoolbbq.com Wonderful !

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    LOL again, JGo37 !

• Mosca
    replied
    Hate to say it but I was so messed up in high school that I would not have appreciated this. But I love it for today's kids.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Deter
    replied
    That's awesome. I probably wouldn't have realized that I wanted to do that when I was in high school, but still...

Leave a comment:

• JGo37
    commented on 's reply
    If only dissecting frogs had taught me back then how to fricassee the legs!

• Huskee
    replied
    Good to see some useful courses that will give kids skills they can carry through life. Not like maths and speellingg and all that noncence. But seriously, how cool. I wish all schools made it regular practice to teach actual practical skills while making it fun. We don't need to know the major exports of Turkey and Laos, or the capital cities of each African country, but we do need to know how to write a check, change a tire, balance our finances, and cook!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here