Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous vide beef tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous vide beef tacos

Got a pound of flat iron steak, cut it in half coz I knew that we would not eat all of it...... Huge mistake. Seasoned with salt only, vacuum sealed and dumped in 138 degrees hot tub time machine. Initially I was going for 24 hours but I decided to go 36.Got it out, gave it a beef tallow massage, fresh cracked Black pepper and fresh toasted cumin. Thought about using the pan to brown but I went with a modified grill, a Weber chimney with my cast iron grate. That was a great idea, got a beautiful crust. Sliced into that meat and I started crying the BBQ cry. Knife just went through it like hot knife through butter. Made some corn tortillas Dinner is served So you see sous vide can go hand in hand with caveman tendencies.

That is beautiful !!!

Comment

Looks great, not sure I can wait that long, 10 hour cook is all I can take.

Comment

Looks fantastic! Superb pictures, love those flames coming thru your cast iron grates. Bonus points for that thing that looks like some kind of tortilla press. Didn't even know they existed.

Comment

LOL! Henrik, that's a 6 inch tortilla press. They're dirt chip here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here