Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banner day! Costco in NJ now selling full packers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banner day! Costco in NJ now selling full packers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	6AA397FF-2DAE-46C9-B864-44AD67096CB3.jpeg
Views:	844
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	583159 It’s only Choice but it’s less than $5/lb so it’s cheaper than anything I’ve found in NJ.

Woot woot!!

Congrats. Without Costco I never would have done enough briskets to get good at it (or afford it for that matter).

Comment

Hopefully with some demand they might start to carry prime. Mention it to the meat guy each time you are in.

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Great idea

I don't mean to rain on your parade but $4.99/lb for choice is high. The Costco is Bellingham, WA where I shop has Prime for $3.69/lb. As jgreen suggested keep at them for Prime.

Having said all that the only tri-tips I can get at Costco are select and they turn out great!

Comment

• Red Man
        Red Man commented
        Editing a comment
        rodkeary Does Bellingham Costco always have prime packers? I live in Bellingham but don’t have a Costco membership. I’d get one for sure if they had prime packers.

• rodkeary
        rodkeary commented
        Editing a comment
        Red Man - Yes always and in a good selection of sizes. They also have Prime flats only from time to time. $9.99/lb trimmed to 2-3lbs.

• Red Man
        Red Man commented
        Editing a comment
        rodkeary Sweet, thanks! Sounds like I’m joinin Costco!

Alright!!!

Comment

Congrats, but the label sez it's a flat. If it is a mislabeled whole packer, it should have been cheaper that a flat, (per lb).

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          That was the first thing I asked bc it’s definitely mislabeled. I wanted to know if they just ordered the wrong thing and this is a one off or what. Meat person said they’re getting ‘em in. We’ll see...

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          OK, but at my Costco they have both choice flats and prime packers. The packers are about $1 cheaper per pound, so you might check. I think for ~ $18 it would be worth asking.

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          RonB got it. I’ll check next time. Thanks

JCBBQ Check out the Restaurant Depot (There's one in Jersey City). Last month in Orlando, I got a Choice packer at $3.17, pork butt at $1.59 and pork loin at $2.09. Shameless plug: If you join KCBS, you can shop Restaurant Depot.

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Buddy of mine shops there. Says he gets ‘em for $3.69. Hmmm might have to revisit this idea.

Woot !!

Comment

I know the feeling, took them forever to get tri-tips and picanha down here but now they are really quite available, although at lower grades.

Comment

My closest Costcos are 90 min & 2hrs away, so I too get excited when I see $5/lb briskets close to me. Sure when I do make the trip it's nice to see Prime packers at <$3/lb, but we take what we can get aside from those moments!

Comment

• JCBBQ
              JCBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              90 mins! Yeah too far...unless you’re loading up w say 10 of em.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              JCBBQ Yep, I'll cook chucks between brisket scores. Next month we're going to the town where the nearest Costco is and I intend to take my cooler and bring back a couple 👊

When I lived in Jacksonville, FL they didn't have full packers for the first few years I was there. Costco started carrying them about a year before I moved. Luckily up here in the Northwest they have the prime packers for $3.69 or so a pound. They also have prime and choice tri-tips which they never had in Florida.

You might also check the Costco Business Center in Hackensack. I have seen others post pics from the Costco Business Centers with tons of briskets, beef plate ribs, tri-tips, and pretty much every good cut you want.

Comment

JoeSousa Thanks, Great idea

Comment

$2.60 lb here. Just jump in your car and head 9000 km South. I won't mention the prices of great Malbecs!
                Attached Files

Comment

• JCBBQ
                  JCBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Brisket and Malbec! I'll be right over.

where in NJ? I am in Bridgewater, NJ. Love Costco Prime cuts. Picked up a ribeye cap (a rare find) last trip

Comment

• JCBBQ
                  JCBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Off Rt22 ...Union or Springfield NJ

• Jon Liebers
                  Jon Liebers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thx , that's not too far from me

thx , that's not too far from me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here