Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboy Baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic looking steak. Will have to try that.

Comment

That definitely looks good. I just have to wonder, I've had some steaks that were black on the outside and seemed burnt to me and tasted burnt as well - and I didn't care for that. Any hint of burnt taste on these?

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        None whatsoever. Like I said it was one of the best steaks I’ve made.

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Good. That is then a wonderful, fantastic, beautiful steak - from raw to table!

I can highly recommend it. Have done it both with real wood (in the firebox on my offset) as well as with charcoal. Just steer clear of briquettes though, they are covered with a thin layer of gray ash that's gonna stick to your meat.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        I used lump charcoal. so almost no ash stuck to the meat.

Looks good enough to eat to me. Did "Self" answer you back?

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha. Thankfully no. Does that mean I'm still ok?

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you’re 👍

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here