Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chucky glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chucky glaze

Has anyone tried? or what do you think about using an apricot glaze on a chuck roast?

I have made a BBQ Sauce with apricot preserves in it a few years ago and it was good on most meats. It had a hint of sweetness but not so much to be overwhelming. Just my taste buds. Now you've reminded me to make that again sometime.

Comment

Personally, the only glaze I've ever cared for on smoked beef was Meathead's Rich Red Wine sauce. I don't like sweet on beef in any form. That sauce is heavy on the rosemary when prepared as written, which I am not also not extremely fond of, but it was great on beef I thought and my guests all raved.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, beef and sweet do not go together.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, plus 2. I don't even like sweet bbq sauce on beef, yuk...

I’m a dry rub guy on beef. I’ll add some stock if I wrap it but otherwise just some fresh cracked pepper a little salt and garlic powder.

Comment

Have to agree with most of the comments. Steaks or roasts, generally just a dry rub although I might put barbeque sauce on a burger.

Comment

I used an apricot glaze on a pork tenderloin roast one time that was absolutely to kill for. On beef I don't think it would be nearly as good. My $0.02

Comment

A wise man once said "There are no rules in the kitchen", so I say give it a shot if you like apricot. Personally, I fall into the category with most of the other posters here; I just like salt and pepper and maybe something that creates more of a savory flavor.

Comment

I wonder if anyone had tried it or are just being safe because everyone else says no.
              i might surprise myself and try it to see.
              Thanks everyone. I'll try to let you all know.

Comment

I've used some BBQ sauce on beef, and glazed it on and it was alright. All these no-sweet-beefers must not like teriyaki.

That said, I don't do that no more. Not looking to add sugar to my diet.

Comment

This is a favorite chuckie recipe I've used many times. Yeah, it has maple syrup in it. But it also looks for nice tart vinegary BBQ sauce at the end. I never gave much thought to sweet being a problem with beef, though I don't do that much. This one is foolproof.

Beef makes a great BBQ sandwich but it tends to dry out during the cook. This three stage method using a Dutch oven keeps it tender, moist and flavorful.

Comment

Apricot is to die for: on pork. Use it for ribs, butts et.c. Pork loves citrus and fruit. For beef, not my "cup of tea".

Comment

Sweet and sour beef can be good, so I guess it might work. Give it a shot. Let us know.

Comment

I have never thought about doing a glaze on a chuckle. Now that I think of it, something like Hoison sauce might be kind of good. Different flavor profile from what you are looking for, but that sounds kinda good right now.

Let us know if end up using a glaze, I am curious to hear what you think.

Comment

Not exackly a glaze, but another post on Sauce, fer a Chuckie...

Can be reduced, when makin it, if ya want it thicker, to 'glaze' with...

I use it post cook, when it gits used...

Comment

• smokinsteve
                            smokinsteve commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This sauce is off the chain delicious!! Thank ya @mr.bones.

• Mr. Bones
                            Mr. Bones commented
                            Editing a comment
                            smokinsteve
                            Glad yer still enjoyin it, my pleasure, Brother!

Have ya made any new tweaks on it? I know ya were, before...

Well this time I didn't have all the stuff and had to work Saturday. Sunday... I just threw it together with some cow crust. Next time if the weather works with me I might just try that glaze on a smaller roast.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here