Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Meatloaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Meatloaf

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20181007_141949~2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	576131 I decided to try out some meatloaf in the smoker today. I'm letting it rest right now but I can't wait to dig in! I did cheat a little bit at the end. I put the sauce on it when it reached 160° and left it in the smoker for another 15 minutes thinking that it would start to carmelize. It didn't. So, I put it under the broiler in the over for about 5 minutes and it came out beautiful.
    Last edited by TechSmoker; October 7, 2018, 12:48 PM.

Well, tell us how the cheatin tasted & don’t forget the pics or there was none of that meat loaf ya know.

Comment

• TechSmoker
      TechSmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, there was a picture. It just didn't upload the first time.

Oh man, am I glad I asked. They look marvelous! Simply marvelous!

Comment

As far as cheating goes, a Man's gotta do what a Man's gotta do! Looks great!

Comment

Using a broiler ain’t cheatin’, it’s using your noggin’ and your noggin’ done real good.

Comment

I love me some Meatloaf. Especially today. 40 F and cloudy here...........

Comment

This is honestly some of the best meatloaf I've ever had! I based it off of Malcom Reed's recipe. I left out the green onion and celery. I also soaked the bread crumbs in tomato juice before mixing them in. They were smoked with hickory .
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              You can also soak the crumbs in red wine...

Great looking meatloaf. Never would have thought to soak the crumbs in tomato juice. Will have to try that next time.

Comment

Love smoked meatloaf, and not because that was the very first thing I smoked that ultimately led me to AR.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here