Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leftover Brisket Shepherd's Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Mmmmm. looks great!

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    Think I just added your shepherds pie to my must do list. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    I love me some shepherds pie !! One of those all time great comfort foods!!! Nice write up and presentation, I know it was good !!!!

Leave a comment:

• jumbo7676
    replied
    Leftover meal #2 - not nearly as impressive looking, but still delicious.

Bottom bun slathered with a smoked garlic spread. Close to this recipe but cooked at a higher temp and less time to try to roast the garlic and mellow the flavor a bit. Then a thin layer of smoked onions with bacon that were leftover from what went into the shepherd's pie, followed by a healthy portion of thick sliced brisket. Topped off with some of Meathead's Bright, Bold, and Quick Pickled Red Onions.

The verdict: One tasty sammich, though not spectacular. If I could do it again (which I can!), I would go heavier on the garlic spread. It came out really delicious but the garlic flavor definitely mellowed while smoking so it could have used more to hold up to the strong beef and pickled onion flavors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sandwich.jpg
Views:	939
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	570735

Leave a comment:

• gcdmd
    replied
    Hooooo-ee! Chank-a-CHANK!
    Last edited by gcdmd; September 25, 2018, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder77
    replied
    Yahooooo! I'm going to try that!

Leave a comment:

• Santamarina
    replied
    Awesome idea. I’ve never had brisket leftovers (even when it’s just my wife and I...a couple friends always sneak over too), but I may plan for some just to try this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    That looks an sounds incredible!!!!
    Thanks fer th detailed tutorial, this is a must do fer me!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    replied
    Heeeellloooo! That looks amazing! Great idea for leftovers. Keep 'em coming.

Leave a comment:

• MeatMonster
    replied
    Mmmmmmmm!

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    hahahahaha, I might burn the whole county down if that were the case. jumbo7676

• jumbo7676
    commented on 's reply
    Might as well make it a whole bottle of bourbon while we're at it. Spinaker

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I know right. Or a whole pan of Shepards pie! jumbo7676

• jumbo7676
    commented on 's reply
    A nice hot plate of this shepherd's pie along with a generous pour of some bourbon should do the trick!

• Spinaker
    replied
    WOW!!! This sounds incredible. Great idea. I need to make this in like February, when I haven't seen the sun in months and the thermometer never rises above zero!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here