Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leftover Brisket Shepherd's Pie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willy
    replied
    The last shepherd's pie I ate (in a restaurant) used sweets taters instead of regular potatoes. It's a good idea and worth a try!

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    Looks damn good!

Leave a comment:

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Yummy!

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Nothing wrong with that!!

Leave a comment:

• jumbo7676
    started a topic Leftover Brisket Shepherd's Pie

Leftover Brisket Shepherd's Pie

Not a surprise, my wife and I couldn't finish that 12 pound brisket I cooked Saturday, even with the help of our one-year-old son. So this Shepherd's Pie is the first use of the leftovers (more to come).

Started with a layer of brisket, a combo of point and flat, mixed with smoked onions and a little bacon...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Brisket Onions Bacon.jpg
Views:	1021
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	570246

Added a little homemade beef broth to keep it from drying out, and a touch of homemade bbq sauce...

Name:	2 BBQ Sauce and Beef Broth.jpg
Views:	980
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	570247

Peas and mashed carrots...

Name:	3 Peas and Carrots.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	570248

Mashed potatoes with garlic, smoked onion, bacon, and cheddar...

Name:	4 Potatoes.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	570249

A little sprinkle of cheese on top...

Name:	5 Cheese on Top.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	570250

In the oven it went...

Name:	6 Baked.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	570251

Sliced and ready to go.

Name:	7 Finished Slice.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	570252

The bad news... I haven't actually eaten any yet. It got packed up to bring to work for lunch.
    The good news... Lunch is in about an hour, though I may not wait that long.

Will report back on the results, but from the few pieces I "tested" from the bottom of the dish and the bits that I "tested" from each layer as I was adding it, it's going to be one awesome lunch.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here