Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about hot and fast for plate ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about hot and fast for plate ribs?

I see several of us here are going hot and fast with pork butts and chuckies. What are your thoughts about doing the same with beef short (plate) ribs??
    I have four 3 rib plates for next weeks cook. I'm also smoking two 7lb boneless butts at the same time and would like to shorten up my cook time if possible. All thoughts are appreciated as always.
    Last edited by Spinaker; September 22, 2018, 04:51 AM.

How hot are you thinking? Last time I did beef ribs I upped it from 225 to 275 and they came out great.

Attached Files

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it really did. I also didn't wrap and I thought I noticed a little bit of a stall, but not much. If you wrapped you could probably do it faster. It'll be interesting to see how your cook goes with the rib and pork in one cook. Let us know what you do and how it goes.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do.

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      So much fat in the beef rib that it didn’t render out like I wanted. Was still pretty tasty but I wouldn’t go over 300F .

I did my last plate of beef ribs at 275* and they came out great. My wife ate all of hers and asked for some of mine...

Comment

Hot and fast all the way.

Comment

Just personally I cook beef ribs at 275 and like the results. Will the additional 25-50 degrees make a difference other than time? Why not try 300 for the first test, and another time raise to 325? I would really be interested in the results of those tests.

Comment

I went the other way, with a 24 hour sous vide at 155. Will finish hot and fast this weekend.

Comment

I am about to do this for pork belly. Do 275-325-375-425. Just to see how it changes things.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here