Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leftover Brisket Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftover Brisket Recipes

I've had a 14 pound packer sitting in my freezer for a while, waiting for the right time. I've decided that time will be this weekend. But it's just me, my wife, and my one-year-old around to eat it so there will be leftovers aplenty. Once it's cooked and out of the cambro I plan to slice some to eat immediately, but I'm looking for some different ideas on what to do with all those leftovers (I plan to freeze some and keep some out to eat over the next few days).

What are your favorite leftover brisket recipes? Tacos? Nachos? Chili? Shepherd's pie?

The brisket will be cooked on a GMG Daniel Boone using GMG Premium Gold Blend pellets (as I think that is all I have at the moment) which is an oak, hickory, maple blend. The point and flat will be separated so I can pull each individually at the right temp.

Quesadilla's with a little of that white cheese. Brisket can be chopped up to any consistency.

Comment

Sammiches !!!! I carved 4# just for that purpose, easy beasy !!!

Comment

Try it in a pot pie, or tacos, or burritos, or chili, or a sub sandwich, or a Philly cheese steak. In other words, anywhere you would use sliced or chopped beef.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmn, a Smoky Joe!

I got a 14lber wet aging in my fridge. We're just 4 right now. Too much meat for us too. I'm going to split the flat and the point. I'm going to make pastrami w half or 3/4s of the flat and use the other part to add to burger mix w some picanha. The point i'll bbq - that's really what I want to eat from the brisket anyway. I'll have leftovers from these two cooks as well. Like the above suggestions i'll make tacos, quesadillas, and enchiladas.

Comment

A member posted a great sounding chili recipe the other day that used chuckies but I think chunks of brisket would do well.

Comment

Meatheads Chili Con Carne recipe. Sub Brisket. Unreal recipe.

Comment

Kansas City Restaurant Plaza III Steak Soup

Attached Files

Comment

Dang it I've never had any brisket left over!

Comment

Hash, especially topped off with fried or poached eggs, for breakfast the next morning
                  Last edited by gcdmd; September 21, 2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

CHILI! Sorry, smoked brisket chili just gets me all amped up.

Comment

CaptainMike ‘s hash photo the other day was mighty good looking.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                        CaptainMike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Chili or hash (usually both) are at the top of the leftover brisket menu.

See post #6

Hi Folks - would be very grateful for suggestions on recipies and solutions for surplus cooked brisket, ribs, pulled pork. I want to serve my food from the smoker (minus some

Comment

Chili for sure! Use Meathead’s chili con carne as a starting point. Or go find mine in the stew and chili sub-forum. Or use your own favorite way to make chili :-)

Comment

Malcom Reed's Smoked Chili recipe. I've made it with both chuck roast and brisket. Either one works great. It's an awesome recipe--a real family and crowd pleaser.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here