Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argentine brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argentine brisket

Prepping a couple for the class tomorrow to start them cooking early. 6.5 kg each
    Attached Files

I need to fire something up soon. Too much work = cooking withdrawals.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kg+t...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Comment

I've always heard the quality of beef in Argentina is just amazing, hopefully one day I can make it down there to try myself. Do you find it to be true?

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes a difference when an animal is walking around eating grass it's whole life vs cramped in a pen with 1000 others wallowing in their own turds.

• JakeT
      JakeT commented
      Editing a comment
      Well when you put it that way...lol

• DeusDingo
      DeusDingo commented
      Editing a comment
      hah. turds.

Our honeymoon was in Aruba, and they get their meat from Argentina. We were in a timeshare with a kitchen, so we bought a couple of steaks, some hamburger and some sausages and cooked for ourselves a couple of times. The meat was excellent! I was surprised at how much better it was then our normal supermarket meats.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Than, not then.

Originally posted by klflowers View Post
    Our honeymoon was in Aruba, and they get their meat from Argentina. We were in a timeshare with a kitchen, so we bought a couple of steaks, some hamburger and some sausages and cooked for ourselves a couple of times. The meat was excellent! I was surprised at how much better it was then our normal supermarket meats.
    I can't help but wonder if the differences are not due to how the feeder beef are raised and fed. We try to get grass fed beef whenever we can and it is so much better than the typcal grocery store offerings.

Comment

Bighorn Dave, we have started getting a lot of our beef from butchers, and most of it is grass fed, but it still doesn't taste as good as what we had in Aruba. We are thinking about buying a cow directly from a local farm and having it slaughtered. Maybe cutting out the middle man may make a difference.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Try it, and shop carefully for someone who knows what they're doing. Find out breeds, how they're raising them, for how long, what they're eating etc. We had a great supplier up in Maine for several years. Awesome.

I've been to Argentina number of times and the beef is outstanding, however I've only eaten in very high end eateries since I was on an expense account. That said eating in an equal quality restaurant in the USA the meat quality is the same.

In the USA I have stopped buying grass fed beef for 2 reasons - Price and taste. The price of grass fed is ridiculous and while the taste is great i don't find it better. My wife likes grass fed marginally better and the rest of the family prefers grain fed.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't argue taste!

We've got a butcher here in Jersey City (across the Hudson River from Manhattan) who's selling Argentinian cuts. He tells me soon the US government will be allowing beef to be imported from Argentina. Can't wait!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here