Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reheated Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reheated Brisket

So I bought a 16# Choice brisket the other day. Thought I'd get up early on Friday and smoke it on my WSM, but reality crept in and I decided I didn't want to get up at dark-thirty for a long cook. Looked at the recipes for left over brisket, and thought this might work - https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...ow-wozniak-way. It did.

Cooked it on Friday the 14th at 250 - yellow mustard slather, kosher salt and coarse pepper - at about 250 for 8 hours, 155 degrees. As I was out of KBB, decided to wrap it in foil and pop it in a 250 oven for a while. Once it got to 175 internal, I put it in a cooler with a bag of ice and several ice packs. A few hours later it went in the fridge.

This morning we put it in a 250 oven and 8 hours later had it up to 200 (using a Maverick 832 probe). Started the gas grill (Grill Grates are wonderful), got it to about 300 and cooked 30 minutes.

Bark was crisp, burnt ends were delicious, the point (see photos) was tender.

I probably should be ashamed to say the 'leftover' brisket was among the best I've made. Thanks @meathead!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_192726.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	566587Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_192706.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	566588Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_192714.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	566589Click image for larger version

Name:	20180915_192351.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	566590

Great fiddling!

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you counting now many different ways we can do this?

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, I figure it's all improv!

Congrats.

Comment

Soooo much rather cook brisket a day or two or three ahead of time then reheat the day of serving.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here