Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday Night Rib Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday Night Rib Eye

With home made French Onion Soup

Kudos homey!!!

Comment

Thats nice stuff troy.

Comment

Lookin good! For meal snapshots you can just throw those in the "What are you cookin" thread.

Cook those over charcoal?

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Charcoal. Weber 22.5

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess I could have looked at your sig and figured that out too. lol But those steaks definitely look cooked over charcoal (which is a good thing of course)

I guess I should share where I bought those Rib Eyes. Believe it or not: Aldi, $9.99 lb. They are excellent. Just over $20.00 for the 2 steaks and fed 3 people with a 1/2 a steak left over for sandwiches. The way I look at it I made $90.00 by not going to a steakhouse.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice cook Troy... It looks perfect.

I know what you mean by saving the money by cooking steaks at home. I went to a steakhouse in Vegas a while back and paid $85 for a ribeye. While eating I was thinking I could buy this piece of meat at Costo for no more than $12 to $15 and I could grill it as good or better than the Chef did. I pretty much decided that from now on I'd be better off going to Italian or Chinese restaurants when dining out.

Looks great, I think we use the same fuzzy filter.

Comment

Nice color on those steaks. I've heard a couple of people (and some recent ads) for Aldi, but I've never been. Usually have good meat selection?

Comment

good job my friend, I also have trouble going out for just about anything we can do at home. My wife and I are so critical about the flavor, the cook, we usually figure we could do at least as good as there be at home were I want to be were the beer and wine are cheaper and the pool is just outside next to the grills. I know I'm a recluse but o-well

Comment

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Guys like us are hard on the restaurant business...

• Strat50
              Strat50 commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually, folks like you are my favorite customers! You get it, and know what you want. You ask the right questions. I'll cook things upside down and backwards for folks like you. It's one of the best parts of my job.

• Papa Bob
              Papa Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              so wares your restaurant so we can support it my friend

Originally posted by troymeister View Post
            With home made French Onion Soup
            did you do the soup on the grill

Comment

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              On the stove...Then under the broiler to melt the cheese.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here