Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Labor Day Beef Jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labor Day Beef Jerky

Smoked up some beef jerky yesterday. Two flavors, one was sweet and spicy (kind of an Asian influenced flavor) and the other was done with a mixture of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, etc. Marinated for about a day and a half, then into the smoker for about 4 hours at an average temp of 150. Ended up being around 5.5 pounds of jerky in all. Turned out great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	40792331_10214729353885710_1166505433897107456_n.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	561264

Click image for larger version

Name:	41078793_10214729354205718_1533644203341381632_n.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	561265

Attached Files

Plenty work right there. I'd have to hide all of it.

Comment

Looks great. What cut of beef did you use?

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
        Brisket Syndicate commented
        Editing a comment
        Sirloin tip. It worked really well.

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, pretty sure I have one of those in my freezer!

Looks great. I'm trying to empty out all the beef left from the side we got last year, before this year's side is ready. Sent home a bunch with the kids this weekend, now I need to look at what's left and see if I have something to make jerky out of.

Comment

Looks fabulous. Any chance we can get some details/recipes on how you did this? I know it’s work but I really would like to get a bunch done.

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
          Brisket Syndicate commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll post the recipe up soon.

Good looking jerky

Comment

Sounds good. Thank you

Comment

That looks wonderful!

Comment

It takes me 12 - 14 hours in my tabletop dehydrator. I'll bet my go to recipe is a lot like your second mentioned. I add a 1/4C liquid smoke, because I haven't used my grill for this - but will now.

Comment

Sorry for the long delay on the recipe. The regular steak flavored, I will have to sit down and actually do measurements. I do it by taste. Here's the recipe I use for sweet and spicy (I have modified it o suit my tase over time). This recipe is for one pound of meat, so if you do more than that, you will have to double, triple, etc.

2 hugely heaping tbsp brown sugar
                1 tbsp lemon juice
                1 tsp dijon mustard
                1 tbsp honey plus a little extra. *I usually let the honey keep flowing while I pour out the tablespoon.
                1/4 cup soy sauce
                2 tsp rice vinegar
                1 tsp ground ginger
                2 tsp red pepper flakes *I use Fiesta Brand. Their spices are usually way fresher than any other brand.
                1/2 tsp garlic powder *Again, Fiesta Brand.
                1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
                1/4 tsp sesame oil *I have also substituted sunflower/Olive Oil, and noticed absolutely no difference. It's such a small amount.
                1/4 cup water cold

Comment

• MWOE2007
                  MWOE2007 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great. Thank you for posting

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here